''Life : A Chimera (Dream)''

This world is no real but a dream. The people we meet in this world (dream) are ''magical creatures'' formed out of our own imagination. We ourselves are just ''minds'' without any physical existence and it is our ''mind'' , which makes us believe in the things that are unreal, leading us to misery and pain. By virtue of this, we recognize everything to be real and permanent , though which is not the case. So, nothing exists; neither the objects nor the people. It is ,solely, the case that we need to look into the deeper pursuit of reality and make ourselves aware that this life is nothing but merely a dream.

 Figure 1. Life, growth, perspective and meadows.

The sole reason I would like to put forth behind my belief (that this world is merely a dream) is my ''experience''. Before I stepped into the doors of ''Philosophy'', I used to carry the conception that everyone and everything lasts forever and remains the same , no matter what. But eventually, as the time passed by, I realized that the truth was something different , something very depressing and much sorrowful. I began to notice that the things and people , I took possession of , very authoritatively , were momentary , ''in'' and ''by'' nature , as they changed in correspondence with the change in time. So, I have arrived at the conclusion as has been contemplated by Heraclitus , in his ''Doctrine of Flux'' that ''All is flux (changing), nothing stands still.''

Figure 2. The Deemed Reality.

Very lately, nothing affects me easily as I have mastered the art of observing and analyzing things very carefully, thereby drawing out rational agreements and disagreements . Moreover, all the credit goes to the discourse of ''Philosophy'', which has trained my mind to think and reason critically not to reach at any objective certainty but to enquire about things as to ''what actually they are?'', ''how have they emerged into space and time?'', ''Are they justified?'', if yes , then how and why?, and so on.

 Figure 3. A garden bed to stop by and stare at.


Figure 4. Captivating Lush Green Valleys of Himachal.

Furthermore, nothing persists forever and if we strive on to accept this belief, then I could guarantee that nothing or no one could trouble us in any possible way. Everything is an illusion in a certain state of mind and thus, imaginary and unreal. Thus, I had never thought that ''Philosophy would act as such a great medication against all of my difficulties, not for it is a particular discipline but for it is the ultimate pathway towards Liberation, Nirvana and Enlightenment''. And I could not be more happier ever being a scholar of philosophy. 

Written By;

Varsha Rout

[Writer's Remarks : This write-up is something , solely , based on subjectivity and reflexivity and thus, is found to be of  'no' use for any specific academic purposes per se. As soon as I begin to look back at the time when I had written down this piece , I find myself to be in complete contrast to the person I have become today. I believe that this is how the whole process of introspection moves forward, slower at pace but worth the progression.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perspective-Living

'Fear and Doubt' : The Best Teachers Ever.

Your Surroundings Do Matter A Lot